"Set definition from tempo", erases previous Audiowarp work

Hi there,

I’m not sure if I’m incorrect here, but using the ‘set definition from tempo’ function AFTER I’ve done some audiowarp/time stretch work on my audio region, seems to delete all the work I’ve done.

Surely this isn’t the case? As I’m sure there are times for everyone where the tempo of the song might need to be changed after using the above functions.

Is there a way that I can prevent this from happening?

thank you!

As a first thought, I would use the Audio > Bounce selection command just after the audiowarp editing, to be able to create a new audio file on which you could continue to work safely, before using the Set definition from tempo one.

Thank you very much cubic!

Yes I thought of this also, was just hoping that I didn’t have to take this extra step with 5-10 audio files!

I understand, so if you have several audio files/tracks involved, maybe the Edit > Render in Place command could help, in this case.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll give this a try! Just curious, is anyone familiar with another way, instead of rendering audio etc? I’m trying to have this function similarly to pro tools, where you can set audio warping per track, without having to do anything to the audio files themselves.