Set relative random values on audio position

Hi,

I’m trying to use the Logical Editor to shift a number of audio events by a small random amount, backwards and forwards in time. If I use “Set relative random values between” with the smallest allowable values of -1 and 1, the events move by ±1 second. Is second the only unit available and is there a way to specify fractions of a second? It doesn’t seem to make a difference what I have the ruler in the Project window set to.

Thanks,

Jason

why not deactivate the snap to XX function and move the events forward or backward?

Because there are hundreds of them and I want each to move a random amount forwards or backwards. It’s a copy of another track and I want each event on the duplicate track to be randomly offset from the event on the source track. it would take forever by hand.

Thanks,

Jason

Is your signature up-to date? Which version (of which software) and on which OS are you using? The Project Logical Editor is giving much finer results here, on Cubase 7.5.10, on Mac OSX 10.8.5 (haven’t quite sussed what those +/-100 units actually are, though (don’t seem to be altered by Snap or Quantize settings :confused: )

No, unfortunately, signature is not up to date. I’m also on 7.5.1, Mac OSX 10.8.4. I can’t get it to do anything but 1s intervals, which seems pretty useless. Nothing in the manual either.

I bet no one’s ever used it before!