Set up issues

Hi, I’m having serious issues with cubase here…I have got a brand new Apple Mac, and new ur22c interface. I am brand new to this tech though I’ve had a bit of help from some people who have experience.

Every time I select the ur22c in cubase it causes cubase to freeze. ur22c shows up in Mac sound settings and works fine there. The mic is also showing in the peak light of the interface and also seems to be connecting to the Mac alright.

A guy who’s familiar with cubase said this was a totally unique problem which he has never encountered before, and said it shouldn’t be this hard. Please can anyone help…it has been such an uphill struggle.

Many thanks xx

Hi and welcome on the forum,

Please, install the very latest UR22C driver. I guess you are on macOS 11 BigSure. Is your Mac Intel- or M1 processor based, please?

Its is the latest mac 2020 model…I think I have downloaded the most recent software

Hi,

Could you verify this, please?

There was a new update to download on your steinberg website but when I tried to download it it refused…

Everything else I have downloaded is the latest version of your software. I can get into cubase and everything looks like its ready to record but for some reason the mic is not feeding onto cubase, despite showing gain on the box and also my mac is recognising it too.

Hi,

Make sure Cubase has enabled Mic in the System Preferences, please.
Open macOS System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Microphone. Enable Cubase here.