Setting hitpoints of multitrack drum recording (+multiple takes/events)

Hey there,

at the moment there is no way to edit hitpoints of a multitracked drum recording, which on top of that consist of multiple takes (different events). After recording you end up with something like that (real world example).
This is a grouped simple drum performance which consists of 12 tracks and 3 Takes.

Now to edit the hitpoins of my Kick, Snare and Toms, since I cannot select and edit multiple events at once, I would have to:

• disable group editing on that folder
  • doubleclick on Kick_IN (Take 124)
  • edit hitpoints
  • set the threshold
  • doubleclick on Kick_IN (Take 123)
  • edit hitpoints
  • set the threshold
  • doubleclick on Kick_IN (Take 130)
  • edit hitpoints
  • set the threshold
  • doubleclick on SNARE_T (Take 124)
  • edit hitpoints
  • set the threshold
  • doubleclick on SNARE_T (Take 123)
  • edit hitpoints
  • set the threshold
  • doubleclick on SNARE_T (Take 130)
  • edit hitpoints
  • set the threshold
  • doubleclick on TOM_1 (Take 124)
  • edit hitpoints
  • set the threshold
  • doubleclick on TOM_1 (Take 123)
  • edit hitpoints
  • set the threshold
  • doubleclick on TOM_1 (Take 130)
  • edit hitpoints
  • set the threshold
  • doubleclick on TOM_2 (Take 124)
  • edit hitpoints
  • set the threshold
  • doubleclick on TOM_2 (Take 123)
  • edit hitpoints
  • set the threshold
  • doubleclick on TOM_2 (Take 130)
  • edit hitpoints
  • set the threshold
  • enable group editing on that folder again

Then, after all of that clicking work, I can start to quantize the drums.
Now imagine, having a much more complicated drum recording (technical stuff), consisting of even more takes and events. This all makes the quantize option somehow obsolete.

The (or a) first solution would be to be able to set the hitpoint detection for all selected events at once and possible directly inside the multitrack quantize window.

Cause what happens when you multitrack quantize a drum recording, and there are no hitpoints set?
Yep, this here. All hitpoints are over the place and to fix it, you need to close the quantize window again and repeat the steps above for the missing tracks:

So why not putting the hitpoint threshold/intensity in the quantize window, since they both are directly connected to each other to work? (sorry for my limited paint skills).

All we have to do then after recording a drumset, is selecting the events we want to quantize, open the quantize window, make 2 clicks and voilà.

Again: First being able to edit multiple different events at once and then preferable all in one window without having to enable/disable group editing and click on every single event individually.

3 Likes