Setting playhead position

Hi

Another problem. Trying to set shortcuts to use Ctrl + [ for play head to start of flow. Because I am used to that. It took me about 5 goes to get it to be remembered in there. After the warning that this is already assigned, the settings dialog disappears behind the main window, and you have to minimise the main window to carry on. If you enter the key code, you also then have to click add key command, and then also remember to hit apply. I guess this is reasonable, but it took me several failed attempts.

Anyway, the shortcut only works when you are in the play screen. Not in the Write screen. But I ALWAYS listen while watching the notes. How can I get the shortcut to be honoured in the write screen as well? I go into the keyboard shortcuts for Write, and there’s no playhead control at all.

I really won’t be swapping from write to play windows and back every time I want to hear something. then resync visually with what I was listening to. That is simply not going to happen.

Getting quite frustrated with having to fight this hard to get Dorico to do what I want and what it seems to promise. I’m sure you’re all getting sick of me posting.

Also

In the key commands stuff, under Play, there is

Move Playhead to…
Start of Flow

and also

Move Playhead to Start of Flow.

these collide with each other (e.g. if you try to assign the same key code to both, on the second one it warns that it is already assigned to the first one). I’m not sure if they both work, but you can set different key commands to each.

Seems like a bug at least. These are the same command surely? If not, what is the difference?

In my version of Dorico, (Version 4.3.30.1132) this shortcut already exists as part of the hard coding. It works fine in Write Mode. I’m not sure if you didn’t know this or you just want to set your own custom shortcut.

Screen Shot 2023-05-20 at 8.36.11 PM