Setting Program Number for each Midi Track - Cubase 10

Hi
I need your help. I am trying to set (and freeze) a midi program number for each midi track in the Orchestral Template I’m building. I have tried using the Local Input Transformer and got close. But no cigar.

Is there an easier way to do this. I have also tried to achieve this using Freeze midi modifier function… Does seem to freeze the program number.

For the love of God…Help

Cheers

Hi and welcome,

In the Name track tab (the very first one), above the “No Drum Map” field, there are 2 fields with entry Off. This is Bank Selector and Program Selector. Set the Program Number here.

More details in the manual.

Hi Martin

Thanks for the quick reply. I have previously tried to set the program for a midi track using the method as you have described. As soon as I carry out the same procedure on the next midi track (with a different program number). The “new” program number just over writes the previous one, in the previous midi track. Almost as if its a global program change process, Am I missing something really obvious???

Cheers

Carl

Hi,

Is there specific MIDI Channel selected on the track? Or is there MIDI Channel set to Any?

Hi

Yes, a specific midi channel is selected.l

Hi,

It works to me here. See attached animated gif, please.
PGChange.gif

Wow

Thanks for taking the time to put that together. That’s exactly what I would have expected… Just can’t get the program number to freeze. Do you think that I may have some sort of Global channel function selected in error?

Hi,

I can’t come to any settings, which could affect it. Could you please attach a screenshot? Just in case we would see something.

HI

i have just noticed that my inspector looks slightly different to yours with regards to Bank/ Program changes

Please see attached
Inspector.JPG

Hi

Just for total clarity I want to be able to change program numbers on multiple midi tracks that have the same midi channel number. Not sure if thsi makes a difference?

OK, I see… Then it’s clear. This message you send from the Program Selector field, sends the common MIDI message to all tracks of the Channel. So all tracks of that channel are affected, of course.

What is the purpose? Why do you have multiple tracks of one channel? What do you want to change by the Program Change?

I am running Ensemble Pro 7 and I want to configure my Cubase template to have one midi track per articulation for the instruments loaded into Kontakt on a slave machine.

Hi

I have managed to sort my Template out with a combination of Keyswitches and a program called VEPro MULTI Installation from a company called Audio Grocery. if your a Vienna Ensemble user, this will allow you to access all 4 Kontakt midi ports from one track in Cubase (64 Midi Channels). Its the dogs Nuts for heavy Kontakt users that love to access all your articulations. Well worth a look.

Carl