Setting up 2-way communication with a MIDI controller?

Hi all,

I’ve spent a lot of energy over the last 5 years or so (wow, that’s sad!) trying to figure out how to get “flying fader” type response with MIDI cc’s (in other words, having my controller faders follow cc data on recorded MIDI tracks with the goal of making it easier to jump in and overwrite data).

I’ve finally gotten tantalizingly close with the following setup:

• TouchOSC on an iPad with OSCulator as the interpreter.
• Setting the MIDI sends on my Cubase MIDI tracks to OSCulator, which then passes the data back to the iPad and moves the faders on TouchOSC - hooray!

The bad news, of course, is that the MIDI data from ALL MIDI tracks is sent at the same time to OSCulator, making for a jumbled mess of fader moves.

What I’m wondering is if it’s possible to automatically activate only the MIDI send for the selected track (or for the track that’s active in an edit window). Anybody have an ideas, OR alternative paths to follow?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dave

Hey. Did you ever get the figured out? I’m currently trying to figure out the same thing. Using OSCulator with Touch OSC. And as you said, I can use a MIDI send but that just means the iPad faders will move whenever any track uses that cc, not just the selected track.

Wow - talk about a blast from the past lol! No, I never did crack this one and eventually gave up, although I still think about it from time to time. I’d love to see if anyone else chimes in.

Dave