Setting Up External Synths MIDI and Audio

Ive got a MOTU Express XT 8x8, MAudio Profire 2626, Pc running Cubase 6.5 64 bit, MAudio Oxygen 61 midi keyboard controller. I am trying to play Moog Slim Phatty, Korg Ms2000r and JP8080 with the midi controller. I have audio out from each synth into inputs on Profire. I have Midi out from synths into midi in (In ports 1,2,3) on MOTU and midi in from synths into midi out (Out ports 1,2,3) on MOTU. Then I have midi out from Oxygen 61 into Midi in port 8.

In Cubase, I had a midi track with midi in from port 8 and midi out to MOTU port 1 (so into Slim Phatty). THen i had an audio track with audio in from Profire 2626 line input 1 which Slim Phatty is connected and audio out to stereo outs.

I cant seem to get it to work though. I think there is something going on with the MOTU because when i play with keyboard on the Korg Ms2000r i get some audio.

I’m not really acquainted with working with hardware so I’m still trying to figure it all out. I would like to able to play my hardware synths with one keyboard midi controller but can’t figure that out yet. Is this setup right? I read the manual but i was confused with the section on external instruments so I tried this method.

Can you make a diagram, please?

In general, did you set Local Control Off on all your HW synths? What about settings of Monitor in all Cubase’s track? Is Direct Monitoring switch Off on your sound card?