Setting up for 5.1/Stereo/Mono with my ID Console

I cannot work out how to set up the required presets for cycling between the various output busses, or a way to set up my main 5.1 buss for use with a mono check.
Can anybody please help?

Do you use control room? If not, try it out.
It offers some nice features.

1 Like

Boy oh Boy do I feel stupid right now!!
Control Room was indeed the right answer (I had set this up so long ago now I had almost forgotten) and I only needed the mono check as this is a nasty recording of a live show where mono compatibility is crucial.
So I simply use the old method (5.1 main output in ‘Outputs’, Stereo Child Bus in that) and a second bus for mono routed to the centre channel - problem solved, and many thanks for reminding this silly old man how to set his own rig up - I needed that!!

1 Like

Anybody able to help me setting this up for W10 please?
Not sure quite how to proceed as IIRC it was a bit of a faff setting up for W7 - I had to run both the 32-bit then the 64-bit for it to work if I remember correctly

Any suggestions would be awesome

Is your question specifically about ID Console or is it about Nuendo?

If Nuendo then use Control Room to downmix automatically. I have a 5.1 output main output along with a stereo output in the settings dialog under ‘outputs’, with no target interface outputs selected. Then in Control Room I have different ‘speaker’ sets that all feed the same 5.1 setup I have in my room, in 5.1 and stereo. The stereo downmix is done automatically in CR if I choose it, or I just leave the 5.1 output selected and choose my stereo mix output as a monitoring source.

Hi Matthias.

More about how to set up the USB drivers on a new system please.
On my sadly missed W7 version I found that unless I had installed the 32-bit drivers it simply would not appear for use but I am not sure about how or what to do for the new W10 build - should I install the 32-bit then the 64-bit or just the 64-bit?
Any suggestions would be most welcome

Please cancel setup requests.
I found the original of the 4.1 Drivers and documentation safely stashed away on an external HDD and it worked like a charm. Next stage will be to install the test routine (well, copy the exe to a Utilities folder, anyway) and see if the surround panner still works of if the cats have killed it - long story, don’t ask)

One more query - I could find out with good old ‘Trial & Error’ but just in case anybody knows…
If I set custom operations for the USER F1 through to USER F10 buttons on the ID, will these over-ride the OS functions assigned or work alongside them?