Settings, Templates, Keyboard shortcuts - after upgrade?

Just a quick question for Steinberg:

What will the upgrade involve from the user as far as getting old templates, controller settings, keyboard shortcuts etc to work in Nuendo 6? Which will we have to reprogram? Or is it possible to move everything to the new version?

I’d love to know because I’m about to pull the trigger on Nuendo 5.x and would spend part of the holidays going over all my settings again (after a recent hard drive crash). So I’d rather not have to do that again just a few weeks later as I’m sure you understand.

All is ported nicely into the new version, just like with all previous updates.

Fredo

Cool, thanks. I’m looking forward to this.

Fredo, is this the same for Cubase 6.5 to 7, it will open saved templates with midi , audio, group tracks as they were saved ?

John

In all previous major revisions (Nuendo/Cubase 2 to 3, 3 to 4, 4 to 5), templates have transferred but always required rebuilding from scratch due to various bugs and apparent incompatibilities.

The reason we’ve guessed is the changing format of how preferences are handled - moving to xml and changing preference file formats. The more specific question here might be whether Steinberg has changed or altered any of the preferences’ xml structure or loading into Nuendo/Cubase as that could in fact affect templates or default projects for some users, especially composers.