Shame 10 can't install on Mavericks

Cubase 9.5 runs perfectly well on mountain lion and Mavericks however it’s the new library installer that prevents Cubase 10 from installing on those operating systems. It’s a real shame because 9.5 runs so very smoothly on Mavericks and Mountain Lion!

It’s almost like you’re working for Apple!

9.5 and 10 both work fine on High Sierra here. Time to upgrade your APPLE OS.

Apple are the ones at fault here as they upgrade the OS every year to brick older hardware. Steinberg has to keep re coding things to work on the newer OS’s

Its a shame that APPLE does this.

Actually I’ve done a fair amount of testing on Mountain Lion, Mavericks, El Capitan, Sierra and High Sierra since C 10 has come out snd my results are that the C 9.5 GUI holds up much better under high track counts pre Yosemite and I’d expect C 10 would also do better as well if the installer would allow.

As I see it the only thing preventing the installation of C 10 is the new Steinberg Library installer.

I have now tested Cubase 10.0.30 on Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra and High High Sierra.
The responsiveness of the mixer GUI when selecting numerous tracks for adjustment is poor.

9.5 however operates extremely well on Mavericks.

I would request that the Developers investigate this information.

It’s possible the development team only is interested in designing Cubase for powerful contemporary computers.

The stumbling block is the new Library manager.
It is what is restricting the installation of Cubase on OS older than Yosemite. Specifically pre Metal.

I held out Mavericks forever too so I feel your pain, but all of my other software forced me to update so I had no choice. Cubase was actually pretty cool about being able to install on Mavericks even when it wasn’t supported for a while. It’s definitely a lot better now though on Mojave, the previous OS’s had a lot more lag for sure. If you can get a good deal on a machine that can run Mojave I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

I hear you and you’re probably right.

I think it may have to do with older video cards and the invention of metal.

Such a shame as Mavericks works so well with C 9.5 on my system.

It will be a long time before I’ll afford a new computer unfortunately.