Shape and spacing of vertical lines

I’m trying to adjust the hook lengths for the Solid vertical line with right-pointing hooks shape using the Line Editor, but the edits I make don’t seem to do anything.

I’m also trying to adjust the default placement of the same vertical line shape, bringing it closer to the notes it applies to, and without the extra space created when manually adjusting it.

Could someone please take me through how to adjust the hook length and placement/spacing of vertical lines?

When you edit the Solid vertical line with right-pointing hooks in Engrave > Lines, you’ll see that its Start cap and End cap are set to Right-pointing axis-aligned hook. To change the length of the hooks, you need to therefore edit the Right-pointing axis-aligned hook line annotation. You can jump to the Engrave > Line Annotations dialog by clicking the little jump link directly below the End cap value in the Edit Lines dialog, or you can access it via the Engrave menu.

There is no individual control for the horizontal position of a vertical line relative to the chord to which it applies.

1 Like

Thanks, Daniel!

There is no individual control for the horizontal position of a vertical line relative to the chord to which it applies.

May I then request that such an individual control be implemented.