Shift + double click selects chosen events

How is it not a thing that I can click event one and double click event 3 and have it just select those 3 instead of every event to the end of that track.
Also no shift + left/right is not a workaround.
It’s 2024…this is laughable

Hi Ontrei
I use a 3 fingered swipe on a trackpad to select multiple events eg 1 to 3. No modifier key or clicks required. I haven’t used a mouse for many years but I think you can use them to select events like this. I also use the shift double click function a lot to select to the end of the events, usually to delete surplus drums that i have copied to the forecast end of the song at the start of the composition process.
So, to answer your question, it may be that there are a number of different ways of working and that sometimes the software doesn’t cover them all?

Thanks for the response @farfaraway
This is the issue though. Like every other DAW Shift + double click should encapsulate what you have selected. Not default to the end. This is very janky workflow.
As for this 3 finger trackpad swipe. How would I go about this. I’ve been searching the forum but struggling to implement…

You can learn the Cubase workflow or not. In my view Cubase does not need to match the workflow of other daws – it provides lots of customization.

the 3 finger Swipe @farfaraway mentioned above equals shift-drag.
vid

(reload image or page to view gif animation)

Obviously cubase excels in so many other areas which is why I use it.
A good question actually might be. In your opinion. What do you think makes the functionality of Shift + double click to select to the end of track events special. What sort of use in your own work would you find the current method more useful that the standard I have referred?
Maybe I’m not seeing how this feature is designed to be utilised…

Seems like the following would provide both of these features:
Shift + double clicking on an event selects all the events following it up to a previously selected event, or until end of track if no event following it has been previously selected.

1 Like

That’s actually a really good implementation. Aside from a preference I was trying to think how you could use it like a combination tool.