Shortcut files?

Hi,
I’m curious if that file in the preference folder labeled ‘shortcuts’ or ‘commands’ (sorry, not in front of it right now) is, in fact, only shortcuts-- And that I could back-up and swap completely different sets in and out by replacing it? Didn’t look like that could be done through anything in the GUI, but it’s a useful thing (Pyramix does).

Thanks,
Brian

There is no way to change the set of shortcuts. I don’t see what would be the interest. If there are several users, the settings are independent for each user, hence there is already a solution.
If you really need, there would be a solution by exchanging certain setting files.

There are a lot of uses for the ability to easily change the a complete set of shortcuts. First off, not all places that have different users actually use multiple user accounts. Also, if a user is accustomed to the shortcuts of different programs, they can choose sets to use at different times without having to set everything to the factory to get back to what the “house” Wavelab commands are. For example, having just switched from Peak, there may be times when I can take time to learn the Wavelab, but also times where I’d like to make a set of equivalent Peak shortcuts to use and share with anyone who could use them. There may also be different uses–- a user may want certain types of commands to be easier when, let’s say, using the spectral editor vs. batch processor vs. recording session. Because Wavelab supports so many different shortcut methods (keyword, keyboard, MIDI control) these may need to change based on available hardware controllers-- Even now, if I get a new hardware controller and want to try some things out, it sounds like I can’t revert to my previous ones. Once I made use of the extensive commands system, how would I back them up?

FYI, the key shortcut preferences can be found in file “KeyShortcuts.dat”
This only concern keyboard shortcuts.

Midi shortcuts are in file MidiControl.dat.

Keywords in file Keywords.dat

Even now, if I get a new hardware controller and want to try some things out, it sounds like I can’t revert to my previous ones.

Controller maps can be imported/exported from the Remote control dialog.
Controller maps and Midi shortcuts are different things.

Philippe

Great, thanks.