Shortcut for activating marker tracks

Hello

All is in the title.

It would be usefull and time saving to have a shortcut witch allow us to activate a marker track or an other.
I am sure a large group of users use many markers (more than 9).

Thanks

1 Like

Go in to your key command menu.
Go to marker folder.
Select a key short cut, to the “activate marker track” function.

All you have to do is just select the wanted marker track and use your key command.
You can also do this by setting this up in your remote controller.

“All you have to do is just select the wanted marker track”
Hello thank you for your advise.
But this is the problem. Selecting a marker track is done by clicing on it, witch is time consuming.what I would like is a key shortcut activates the markertrack # 1, or the markertrack # 2, without having to select it first.

It’s easy to implement using PLE.

1. Create New Macro: Marker - Activate Marker Track

2. Create new Process in PLE:

( Media Type is - Equal - Marker - And
Name - Equal - 1 )

(1 - any name you gonna give to your Marker tracks)

in the bottom of PLE choose Macro: Activate Marker Track.

Save Preset as “Marker Track 1”

Create 8 more presets naming them accordingly.

Go to your Key Commands - Process PLE and assign keys for each of your presets.

thank you very much,
I didn’t think about that…

Hello Winter rat,

I have done what you describe previously.

It works, but … not the way I would like.

you said :

"1. Create New Macro: Marker - Activate Marker Track

1. Create new Process in PLE:

( Media Type is - Equal - Marker - And
Name - Equal - 1 )

(1 - any name you gonna give to your Marker tracks)

in the bottom of PLE choose Macro: Activate Marker Track.

Save Preset as “Marker Track 1”

I would add that it is necessary to choose the function “select” in the bottom left of the PLE.

So when I apply that stuff, cubase select the marker track named “xxx” and then applied the macro witch activate the marker track selected. It works, and in in appearance this is cool but nop.

In my case, I do midi recording all the time. If I use the command describe above, cubase will select the marker track and so the midi track a was won’t be and so I will loose the sound of my midi track, just because I want to navigate in my project.

I don’t know if I have been clear and if I missed something but I think this is a solution but not the ultimate solution.

Make hot keys to these settings:

Preferences, Project & mixconsole:
-Enable recording on selected midi track.
-Enable recording on selected audio track.
-Scroll to selected track.

Now when you are in the work setting where you need to work both midi and marker track. You deactivate the Enable recording on selected midi track.
This will prevent the arm track from jumping away from the track you have armed. Now you can have several tracks armed and click around on tracks and not lose the record enable.

Next you have the option to deactivate the Scroll to selected track. This is also handy if you want to stay focused in the project window with the track you are working on while executing commands that involves select command to other tracks. The lowerzone mixer and mixer will still navigate to the selected track.

The audio option works same way if you are dealing with audio.

thanks again for your responses,

But for me, this is much too complicated for what I want to do, namely to navigate my project.
This is why I post here, for developpers integrate this feature into the next version of cubase without having to creat macros, process in the PLE or, even more, create hot keys to counteract the influence of previously named actions.
Basically, it seems essential to me that steinberg allows users to bless at least 30 marker points, handy directly by a simple shortcut. for example, the numeric keypad from 1 to 9 calls markers 1, 2, etc. up to 9.
Then for 10 to 19, the same thing but now pressing before ctrl and alt (for example of course). and then from 20 to 29, the same, but with another combination preceding the numeric characters.

In the meantime, your solution does not suit me.
“Now when you are in the work setting where you need to work both midi and marker track. You deactivate the Enable recording on selected midi track.
This will prevent the arm track from jumping away from the track you have armed. Now you can have several tracks armed and click around on tracks and not lose the record enable.”
The problem is, I will be always asking me, have I deactivate the enable recoring on selected midi track ?? Here is a situation :
I work on my midi track. On the project window, the midi track is selected and on the midi editor window I can see what’s inside. Suddenly, I want to move forward and jump on the marker #5 of the marker track #3. So, if I understood well what you said, I have to press hot key, to prevent the fact changing marker thanks to your technique will selecte the marker track#3. In this way, my midi track is still selected and when I press my midi keyboard, sound sounds and everything is fine.
But, in my workflow I jump from a midi track to an other very often and I fear that this hot key is a problem. Because after pressing it (befor pressing the changing marker shortcut) I will have to press it again to be able to selecting a new desired midi track. I think I will loose my self in this process …

"Next you have the option to deactivate the Scroll to selected track. This is also handy if you want to stay focused in the project window with the track you are working on while executing commands that involves select command to other tracks. The lowerzone mixer and mixer will still navigate to the selected track. "

This is not a problem. Because I already split the project window with Marker, signature, tempo, video tracks on the top and the “classic” tracks on the rest of the screen (Divid track list function). Furtheser more, I work with full screen window usiing F10 key (mac) switching from the project window to the midi window.

Anyway thanks for your advice

hello, I finally find a solution for my problem. I just use a single marker track and use the “go to marker x” function with a shortcut …