Shortcut Key Changes

I hate to sound condescending, but who in their insanity decided to make the CTRL+W shortcut to close a project? I know this can be changed, but why is it even the default? It’s a personal pet peeve of mine when people don’t use the Esc key or ALT+F4 (which have been around for many years and suffice just fine on their own). But what really bothers me about this is that it’s so close to the Save shortcut. One simply slips and it happens. Granted, a pop up comes up. But in a hurry to dismiss that popup, the wrong button has been clicked before.

Steinberg, I implore you to change this maddening shortcut! Madness I tell you! Madness!!! :wink:

Thanks,
-Sean

I can’t really fault SB for this. Ctrl-W was pretty common for ‘close a document’ on a LOT of programs many, many years ago.

There is this legacy of a zillion users who would be upset if the defaults changed… even though -I- personally find most of them head scratchers.

But since you can make yer own key map, where’s the problem?

Whoever changed note on quantise on the Atari (W) to Q? I still press W-antise to this day! Grumble :wink: Al