Show disabled instrument tracks on Eucon Controller?

I am a user of both Pro Tools and Cubase 11 and use an Avid S3 with the Dock to control both DAWs. I recently created a large media composition template in Cubase with all of my instrument tracks disabled. Unfortunately, I found that this also removes them from my control surface which is a huge bummer because it prevents me from creating custom fader layouts on the S3. Does anyone know of a way to display deactivated instrument tracks for Eucon enabled hardware? I feel like I’ve flipped through every setting and haven’t been able to find a way to make it work.

Hi Kyle,

I see you posted this quite some time ago, so I’m hoping you figured out the solution. I’d thought I’d write you to see if you might help me out with a somewhat related issue…

My goal is to use an S3 layout whereby all faders are set to AUTO ASSIGN, so that the S3 will display only the channels visible in any Mixer Configuration. Do you know if this is possible?

I also use a template with hundreds of MIDI tracks, but when using Auto Assign for all my faders on the S3, I can’t remove them from my S3 layout… even when I hide all midi tracks from the Project page, or when I make force each Mix Console to only display, say, a single channel.

Thanks!

Hey Mike!

I haven’t, but I’ve just adapted my workflow and it’s “fine”. My apologies for not seeing this until now, hopefully you have resolved what you’re looking to do, but if you haven’t perhaps I can provide some insight!

In the “Studio->Studio Setup…” under the EuCon tab there is a setting called “Mirror MixConsole Channel Visibility”. That might be what you’re looking for.

If you want further customization of whats on your surface, you could try adding a EUCON shortcut to recall different MixConsole configurations.

Hey Kyle!
Thanks for the response. Yeah - I kept doing some digging and found that as well!

Happy to share this with you and the users out there:
I use an iPad with Lemur where I have buttons assigned to trigger Keyboard Maestro Macros that choose different Mixer Configurations (although Lemur is now discontinued and removed from the Android and Apple App Store which is sad to see)

I utilize 2 mixers: Mixer 1 is the only one that welcomes the “Mirror Mix Console Visibility”, so that’s for my S3 Mixer.

I also use a second mixer that gives a more detailed view of things, like parallel compression and additional fx in use by whatever the S3 is showing. This way the S3 mixer (Mix Console 1) can just show me basics like VST returns and VCA’s, and Mix Console 2 can show me a lot more without cluttering up the S3 :slight_smile:

Killer, love that setup! I’ll need to explore something like that a bit more as I feel like there’s still more to milk from the S3. I have the Avid Dock with an iPad running Avid Control that can execute EUCON commands, so perhaps I can use that in lieu of Lemur.