Showing strings in parts

Hello, I´m writing a piece for timple (a kind of charango/ukulele/etc). In the score I can see the strings as in the attached figure, but not in the part of the instrument. How can I do it?

Thank you very much in advance

Captura de Pantalla 2022-05-24 a las 17.01.14

String indicators inside the staff are a local property: if you set this with the property scope set to Locally, that only affected the layout you were viewing at the time.

You can select the relevant notes in the score, then propagate properties to replicate the property settings in the part layout.

Thank you very much, I had tried that, but it still remains only in the score, not in the part, am I missing something? Thank you very much :slight_smile:

That switch affects properties you set after changing the toggle. To update properties you have already set, you have to propagate properties: click the link in the second paragraph of my previous reply, and take a look at the instructions there. It should tell you everything you need to know.

Thank you very much, now I understand. But what if I want to propagate only the strings, but of all Flows? Is there a quick way to do it? Right now I have to cmd+2 to select all the bars of that instrument in the first Flow, go to Engrave Mode and propagate, and repeat this operation with each flow. Is there a faster way?

Thanks!

There’s no faster way once the string indicators have been set locally. In future, make sure that the local/global switch is set to Global before you start entering string indicators (or pretty much anything else in Write mode).

Thank you, I was thinking that maybe could be useful to add a tool to filter also other properties like strings, fingerings, harmonics…

Perhaps even add the possibility to select the entire content of an instrument over several Flows.