Shut down hang

Something is causing Cubase 6 to hang on shut down - whether it be a plug or a driver it’s annoying! I didn’t have this problem in 5.52. This problem is intermittent. I just had it on the 32 bit version (I’ve installed both on my 64 bit machine). All I’d done was launch and close the program!

I am running Windows 7 64 bit, Asus P5b (with 8gb Crucial RAM installed), 2x1TB SATA Hard Drives, M-Audio Delta 66 and 44. M-Audio Oxygen 49 (blue version) controller, 2 x M-Audio Midisport 2x2 (original and Anniversary Edition) Steinberg CC121 etc.

There was already mention of this in other threads, and it was suggested that it only happens when using the RH corner red arrow box to terminate Cubase. When closing by menu>quit (or maybe CTL+Q) it shouldn’t happen. I had it myself a couple of times but haven’t had more time to test yet…

Luck, Arjan

Just tried - CTRL-Q (via the menu) . Program hung!

Just getting a hang on exit…
Killed the process…
Restarted and reloaded last project (which has apparently been correctly before exit saved) … trying to exit again…
New hanging state… :exclamation:
Re-killed and restarted …
Quit succesfully without trying to reload any project or reloading other projects…
Retried again with the offending project…
Project works (no runtime issue executing the project,playing with it)…
But I cannot even close it after 0 modif.

Looks like the content of the project itself is leading cubase to hang at close or exit…
Looks like that project is dead…

I did almost nothing with it, but played with cubase few hours having it loaded, and then the issue started to
occure when I tried to exit from Cubase after I saved that project…

Seems to happen here once in awhile too, cant kill the program from the task manager either!

I’m getting the same thing, but I have 10 instances if hollywood strings open, all with heaviest patches streaming from SSDs. I also have a dozen omnispheres, kontakts, all with their multiple outs.

It takes about 5 minutes to shut down with a massive project, I think it’s the RAM dumping all the samples slowly, for me anyways.

Amazing how fast my SSDs are loading cubase sessions now, less then 1/10th the wait.

There are several threads on this. Mine hangs every single time, even if I just start cubase and exit. I’ve done all the usual things; dump preferences, update all software, etc., all with no effect. It’s a big and they just need to fix it.

http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3291

That is not correct.