Sibelius convert

My playback on Dorico is intermittent (like a slow download) Does this mean I’m short of memory? Its not a big orchestra
Tim

I’ve been on Sibelius since version 1, and am trying to convert to Dorico. Please forgive elementary questions.

1. Is there an easy way of selecting all the notes on a stave (like Sibelius triple click)?

2. Is there a way of changing a whole part to another instrument? I import a score from Sibelius, it makes the top line something electronic and I want it to be a Soprano. The best I’ve done so far is make a new Soprano line and copy it in. which would be easier if I had an answer to question 1.

3. Can you drag notes up and down or make them an octave higher (as in Sibelius?)

Apologies if this is trivial I have spent a lot of time trying to do it.

Dear Tim,

Being here from day 1, I can answer :

1. The selection process is yet to be improved. Thus you can use marquee selection (by far the fastest way, especially in galley view with a low zoom percentage, if you have a large selection to make), or use click and cmd-click on each additional note… The improvement is expected on the next update, at the end of november.

2. The only way — for now and for what I have read here — to change an instrument is exactly what you have done. Copy paste.

3. To drag notes up and down, you use your keyboard. In write mode (cmd-2), select the note(s) you want to change, and once your selection is orange, press alt+up (or down) arrow. To move it an octave up (or down), press alt+cmd+up (or down) arrow.

Hope this helps.

[edit] I use a mac. I guess you have to translate cmd=ctrl if you are on windows.

Something very useful here is “advanced search”. To use it properly with different words, use “+”. For instance, type +dorico +octave and I bet you’ll find the latter answer :wink:

Thanks Marc. That makes me feel a lot less inadequate. Tim

Hey Tim,

Wouldn’t it be nice if someone at Steinberg came up with a conversion chart for features/keystrokes in Sibelius to Dorico? Just sayin’. :wink:

David

Wouldn’t it be nice if someone at Steinberg came up with a conversion chart for features/keystrokes in Sibelius to Dorico? Just sayin’. > :wink:

Perhaps this might be of some help–its an Excel spreadsheet of key-commands a very kind user, Derrek, has been working on for his own use, and has shared:

Possibly by adding the corresponding Sib keystrokes to it, it could possibly be a start of what youre looking for…?

Thanks Bob