side chain compression in cubase elements 6??

the side chain button is missing on the compressor.
any body know how to side chain in elements 6???
or is there any way around?
many thanks

The workaround is to use processors that implement their own method of sidechaining, or to use groups and its explained in several threads here in the forum, youtube…

I’m not sure, but a crude fix would be to use volume automation to lower the level of the side-chained track. This would be easy for something simple like a kick drum. For every kick, use the volume automation to lower the volume of the appropriate track(s) for the duration of it. Then, copy and paste the automation events where they are needed.

thanks but this method is not really consistent.

don’t have any hardware compressor and groups ie. quadro channel can’t be applied cos it’s not there :frowning:
any other idea?

You can sidechain with stereo groups also (mono signals), and you don´t beed hardware compressors. This one for example has its own implementation, that also works for stereo in CE 6 though the latest version is no longer freeware.

[/quote]
You can sidechain with stereo groups also (mono signals), and you don´t beed hardware compressors. This one for example has its own implementation, that also works for stereo in CE 6 though the latest version is no longer freeware.[/quote]

I didn’t know it can be done without quadro channels. thanks I’ll look it up :slight_smile: