Side Chaining Auto LFO to Wah Wah

Hi Guys,

I reckon I’m doing something silly but I can’t quite figure it out. Never done much MIDI and never tried side-chaining before. Thought I would try using the Auto LFO to modulate the Wha Wha but can’t get it to work.

I have an audio channel with the Wah Wah as an insert effect (using the default ‘Jimmi’s’ preset. If I use my mouse to move the Pedal knob, I can hear the effect working. I then activated the side-chain button.

I added a MIDI channel and added Auto LFO (with the Filter - Wah preset) as a MIDI insert (and a MIDI send just for good measure!) and routed the MIDI out to the Wah Wah.

But the LFO doesn’t seem to be doing anything. The only change is that the Wah Wah Pedal know doesn’t do anything anymore (presumably because side-chain is activated). I’ve tried setting the Automation drop down under the Pedal knob to Modulation but no combination of settings seems to give the desired effect.

I’ve read the manual for Wah Wah, Auto LFO and side-chaining but I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.

Is there anything I need to do activate Auto LFO? I can’t see any visual feedback anywhere to suggest it is doing anything at all. Like I said, I guess I’m just making a simple newbie mistake but can’t figure it out!

Thanks in advance,

J

I’ve also set the Wah Wah Automation drop down to Modulation and set the controller type of Auto LFO to modulation.

Think I’ve figured it out. For anyone having a similar issue…

First of all, Auto LFO only seems to do anything while play (with or without record) is activated.

Secondly, I shouldn’t have been using side-chaining, just automation.

Thanks anyway!

J