Sidechaining into VSTi in Cubase 6?

Since the end of Cubase 4’s lifecycle it was said that sidechaining into VST instruments would be for a future update to Cubase. This was clarified during the life cycle of Cubase 5 as well where it was stating this feature would NOT make into the life cycle of Cubase 5 but a future version of Cubase. After 2+ years of waiting, is Cubase 6 finally this ‘future version’? I would really like to be able to use this feature on my Virus Ti like I intended upon purchase of this synth only to be sorely disappointed to find out EVERY OTHER DAW COULD DO THIS BUT CUBASE!

Please clarify, thank you.

+1

Is this the same (or similar) issue as the fact that Cubase doesn’t permit the use of plug-ins’ external sidechain access (except in the VST3 plug-ins) … unless one does the unwieldy ‘quatro’ routing?

Prado

Wow, still no official reply, guess it doesn’t look good. I can’t believe after 2 more complete revisions we still don’t have this working, but we have Loopmash 2! yea! :unamused:

+1 here…I would love to be able to route audio into my Virus TI, but Steinberg, the “inventors” of VST technology cannot seem to do what there competitors have achieved…why?

I was hoping Cubase 6 would bring this functionality to it’s users. Why no official word on this?

Not working in Cubase 6. I hope they’ll make it happen in Cubase 6 life cycle. I mean common, every other DAW has it??? :confused:

Bah. Figured as much, completely disappointed here. I suppose Cubase 6 is so new that this could be implemented in its life cycle, but I figured since this was mentioned since Cubase 4 it would have happened by now. I guess my Virus Ti still gets no loving while in Cubase when wanting sidechaining. Damn I really want to use the filters, effects and Atomizer on my non Virus tracks in Cubase.

Any official word from a Steinberg rep on this issue? Will it make it into the Cubase 6 lifecycle at all?

+1 and then some…

Any vsti sidechaining I do in Reaper and then export (again not ideal) but a cheap enough workaround for the money. Owning a VirusTi and a few other soft plugins, it would be so useful but I guess every DAW cant have it all. But as Cuabse it one of the MAIN DAWS I am amazed they can’t get themselves in gear with it (waiting since Cubase 4).

I am very surprised that SB haven’t implemented this yet, particularly any sidechaining that is not VST3 dependant or quaddro required (pain).

I would rather have seen this than Loopmash2, personal opinion of course.

As mentioned maybe in C6’s life cycle…maybe, just maybe…