Sidechains not showing up

Exactly same issues here. I’m currently on rel. 10 But it’s obvious that problems with side chaining have affected quite a number of past releases too. You’d think Steinberg would aware of it by now?

Ha, thought this issue had gone as I haven’t been hit by it lately but it struck today on 9.5.50. Doh!

Relaunching the project solved it (rather than a complete Cubase re-start).

same here random side chain issue not working version 10.20

Side Chain not working correctly in version 10.30 Mac either.
The Side Chain button and dialog to add Input is there, but does not trigger any compressor. When the Side Chain button is highlighted, the compressor doesn’t work at all.

Restart Cubase and try again…

Also, try it the ‘old fashioned’ way, insert the compressor on, say, the bass, activate the compressor SC button, select the send you want, say, kick, does the SC show up there?

Wasn’t this a case of only VST3 having their sidechains show up?

Thanks for the response! (I changed my settings to get notified.)
Yes, I restarted, but found that any change made such as duplicating a track means you must recreate the sidechain - it doesn’t keep it. That was the problem here.

me too. I am on Cubase 9.5.10 on Win 7, but even restarting does not give me more than 8 side chains in the sends, and that is across the entire project.

So, even duplicating the track of the side-chain kick (or a group channel fed by the kick) which in theory should give me 8 more, but when I check the sends and look through the side-chain section, only 8 show up.

For making EDM music this is beyond useless. But for EDM makers there is a solution - LFO Tool plugin from Xfer (50 USD), you just manually tweak it to pump the track like the sidechain would. (Also TAL Filter 2 is free ( as is Reaper… just sayin))

EDIT: ten minutes ago I was cussing Steinberg but tbh if this hadnt happened I never would have found TAL Filter 2 which gives waaaaay more control over the pumping side-chain effect. Just takes a few minutes to work out the way to place the filter over the sound to get the desired effect and then much more granular tweaking than the side chain compressor offers, just stick the original compressor right after the TAL and bobs yer unkle. noice.

This topic is too old to be useful in 2023. Feel free to start a new one