Signal hits track, Record enabled but no audio recorded

Has anyone heard of anything like this?

LE5 and Yamaha n12. Signal from the mic is making it to input channel in the PC. VU’s on the input channel on PC show signal. Channel on board and in software is record enabled. Channel monitor is on and you can hear it. Record/Play is started, signal is OK on channel in PC - but no wave is drawing (wave drawing is enabled) and nothing is recorded on channel.

Has anyone heard of anything like this. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks

CalfeeJones: Have you read through this The first things to do when you startup Cubase - Cubase - Steinberg Forums :wink:

Jack :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks Jack. Yes, I have gone over that.
More info:
I have other projects that work. This one has a midi track and a vocal track. Created and saved on my C drive it doesn’t work. So I create a new project on my F drive and now the audio records. Then I copy the original not working project from the C drive to the F drive and guess what? The audio track won’t record.

My next step is to record a midi track into the new project with working audio and see if the audio still records.

I guess I will just need to work through it, I will left you know if I figure anything out.

Thanks for your efforts. :slight_smile:

CalfeeJones: Watch this video on creating Projects and Saving them.

Jack :smiley: :smiley:

PS: And try saving your songs ( PROJECTS ) to your “desktop” for a while
instead of your F Drive, etc. The video shows my documents :wink:

Thanks, will do!