Signature track

Where do I find the Signature track? Trying to change time signatures for one particular part of a song but I can’t find it… recently upgraded from Sonar which is very simple to just add in time/tempo changes.

What version of Cubase do you have? I don’t think Cubase Elements has that feature.

You will have to use the Tempo editor.

Right click as if you are creating a new track. Select “Signature Track” and wa la!

Thanks! But will this still work in elements?

Ah Elements. Honestly no clue.

Yeah… I bought elements, ezdrummer and an expansion so to save a bit of money I got elements and planned to upgrade if I needed but it’s done everything I’ve needed so far… do you know if there’s an upgrade cost or do I need to pay full price?

Yes, I think it’s around $450 for the upgrade.

It’s not as straight forward in Elements…

1. Activate tempo Track by clicking the icon to the right of the secondary time display either on the Transport Panel or Transport controls on the bottom of the window.
  2. Control click the same Icon to open the tempo Track editor.
  3. If the Tempo is for the whole song just edit the Tempo that’s near the top left corner of the Tempo Track editor window. If you need to change the Tempo during the song then you need to write in new tempos at the required position.

Hope this is clear.

Hi planarchist,
I have Elements 9.5 which already miss Signature Track…, so I’d like to follow your suggestion but I am a real newbie in Cubase and I can find the commonnd you suggested above: Some screen shoot cuold help! Many thnaks in advantage.

Bye