Silence at the end of the song

For a 5 minute song, I noticed that Cubasis recorded a 10+ minutes of silence at the end of it when mixed down to a WAV file.

Is this a known issue on 2.4.1?

Thanks

Hi powerobject,

Please provide us with the project (please share download link via PM) and steps to reproduce the problem.
Additionally, please let me know what 3rd party plug-ins are involved.

Thanks,
Lars

Sent a PM with a sharing link

Hi powerobject,

Thanks for providing us with the project.

I’ve shared all information with our engineering and testing.
So far, they are not able to reproduce the issue, which might be released to unavailable third party plug-ins at our end.

Please give it a try to mute track 5 and 6 before proceeding with the mixdown.
If the results are expected, please let us have the information about the third party plug-ins used on these tracks.

Best,
Lars

I used only Poison-202 on track 4 and Kauldron on tracks 5 and 6 as AUs. No other 3rd party plugins were used.

Thanks for the additional info.
Does mixdown works as expected, when muting these tracks?

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

Yes, I tried mixing it down with Kauldron tracks muted in M4A format and it exported to correct length.
Later, I mixed it down with Kauldron tracks unmuted and it exported to 16.5 minutes (same issue as before).
Is this an issue with Kauldron? Are you going to report this to its developer and have it resolved?

Further, noticed another issue while adding Kauldron tracks before - it was ringing out Poison-202 track until I reset Cubasis by pressing the Panic button.

Would be great if you could add a full-fledged Audio Player to Cubasis. Currently, it has only the Play button against each audio file with no further interaction such as fast forward, rewind, etc. The file list should display the time length of the audio file as a separate column and it should be able to play in the background too - while we work inside Cubasis on other tasks.

Please take a look at the Song tab in VocaLive app - it has the ability to play a song over Wi-fi, File Sharing and Music Library with a NO VOICE button which eliminates vocals and turns it into a KARAOKE machine instantly. Also consider features from:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nexstreaming.app.singplay&hl=en_US

Audio Player module in Cubasis would be really cool to be able to play any audio file by simply adding it to Cubasis. iTunes is a pain to use for so many reasons.

Hi powerobject,

I’ve forwarded the topic to the developers of Kauldron.
Please make sure to file a bug report to them as well.

Best,
Lars

Will do.

By the way, it is the same song I uploaded to YouTube last month (trimmed out the silence from the end):
Bharat Ane Nenu - 🎹🎸🥁 Bharat Ane Nenu - Piano tutorial master class! #BharatAneNenu #MobileMusic - YouTube

Channel - https://www.youtube.com/MobileMusic

Thanks,
Shekar Reddy

Impressive work, Shekar!
Thanks for sharing!

Best,
Lars

Done. Reported this issue to Yonac.

Shekar

Hi Lars,

Are you going to consider the UI suggestions offered in the video (dual keyboards, triple instrument displays, etc)? See dual keyboards in FL Studio Mobile, GarageBand, Magellan, etc. We should be able to link each keyboard to separate track or link both keyboards to a single track and be able to use up the whole screen instead of just the bottom half. Dragging panels up/down would be cool too.

Thanks for the info, Shekar.
Jessie from Yonac replied, that they will look into the issue.

Best,
Lars

Yes, he replied to me too saying it would be resolved soon.

Just curious - what indicated on Kauldron tracks 5 and 6 that lead you to think are what is causing the silence recorded at the end of the song? I could not find anything when I scrolled past the end of the song several hundred measures.

Hi powerobject,

Since Kauldron plans to provide a fix, please ask him about the reason that causes the problem.

Thanks,
Lars

Lars,

Just noticed the same silence issue again while using Cubasis with bs-16i app as AU inside Cubasis on 3 separate tracks along with a few other Cubasis instruments. For a 3 minute song, it recorded the actual 3 minute song PLUS another 6 minutes of silence at the end (recorded a total of 9 minutes duration). No other plugins were used except for the built-in Waves Ultramaximizer on the master track and native Filter and Spin FX effects on one of the bs-16i tracks. Also, noticed that while mixing down, it got stuck at 50% for a long time but finally finished mixdown fast (this fast section could have been the silence part).

Apparently, this is a Cubasis issue as it happened with Kauldron too - as reported before.
Using the latest version of Cubasis on the latest version of iOS on iPad Air 2.

Shekar

Also, if it helps, I used the “Create Project with MIDI and Audio Track [Template]” in Cubasis while starting this project

Hi Lars,

Just trying to make sure you saw this message and did not lose it in the clutter or thinking that it is the same old issue. The issue is apparently in Cubasis as I found it again with bs-16i app this time.

Yesterday, I tried mixing down as WAV and it went at normal speed until the progress bar was 100% and then it got stuck there for a long time (for the silence part) and finished - I got the same 6 minute silence at the end of the 3 minute song and a total file size of 155 MB. After I trimmed the 6 minute silence down to actual 3 minute song using an external tool, the size came down to 52 MB. While mixing down as M4A format, it gets stuck at 50% for a long time and then continues to 100% at normal speed of exporting and with the same 6 minute silence at the end.

Can you please confirm that you did see this message and looking into it?

My first Cubasis project has the same issue. I just noticed there a Mixdown Menu Button that says:

“Mixdown between locators.”

I set the L and R locators to match the length of my song (which has a few hundred silent bars added at the end unfortunately probably due to adding copies of a long drum track too many times and later deleting all those at the end).

That removed the silence for me which is great because I used several 3rd party IAA’s to make the song and I like the way they sound.
I hope this works for others with this issue.

McD