simile signs

Hello MarcLarcher
Now I got it!
Thanks for your patience
Best regards
and have a great weekend
Mike

:blush:

Glad to help, Mike. Heaven knows I’ve been helped dozens of times, and not just in the early going.

IMHO, this forum is one of the best parts of the whole Dorico experience. As you’ve seen, not only are the Steinberg folks extraordinarily responsive, but the other users are quick to chime in and share our learning experiences.

Hi lbuckley
Very true! The Forum is really amazing! ,…but because it’s full of kind people like you!!!
Thanks again
best regards
Mike

Hi guys …good morning from this side of the ocean. How are you doing?
I was wondering if any one of you have had this issue …let’s say…minor stumble.
I was trying to add a sub-title to my musical work but I couldn’t find a way to do it.
(Please see attachment #1)
As you can see the Title shows as clear as it is supposed to appear, but not the sub-title.
I noticed that it doesn’t exist such a thing as a sub-title feature on the text list (please see attachment #2) that’s why I was trying to create it….so far unsuccessfully!
Does any one of you has encounter the same issue? Any one of you guys know how to do this in Dorico 2 Pro?.. (if there is a way to do it ) Is this something that is pending for the next update? Any suggestions in the meantime? Any tricks that you have tried?.. perhaps?
I tried different ways, even moving up the Title and sub-title closer to the top of the page…but then this is what happens. The sub-title is the one that could be read clearly but the Title not. (Please see attachment #3)
I’d appreciate any suggestions or ideas regarding this matter.
Thanks for your help in advance
have a great Sunday!
Best regards
Mike

Go to Engrave mode. Turn on the Frames switch (top left). Drag the text frame to make it bigger.
I think it really is that simple.

Hi, put both titel and subtitel in a project info under Edit menu. Then in Engrave Mode create an extra text frame and paste there following: {@flowsubTitle@}

Mipi, there’s nothing wrong with putting the flow title and subtitle in the same text frame. The text frame just needs to be big enough!

As Leo said, you need to increase the size of the text frame to hold both Title and Subtitle. You can either do this in a Master Page or as needed, one page at a time.

You may have to readjust other (lower) frames to make the layout work.
subtitle.png

Hi Mike. You shall go into Engrave mode, Double click the first masterpage, make the title frame bigger, input {@framesubtitle@} (I just copy the title token and add sub inside), make sure this token looks out as you wish, copy LtoR (or RtoL accordingly to which page of the first masterpage you’ve edited), hit apply…

Watch the excellent video from Anthony Hughes about masterpages, you’ll earn time

I suppose you mean {@projectsubtitle@} or {@flowsubtitle@}, Marc?

Yes, Anders ! I was leaving a train with two huge pieces of luggage, and I admit my message was not really accurate enough… but still better than just RTFM :wink:
Of course, the token that is already there in the First Masterpage is {@projectTitle@}, and as I copy it, i do not really care the exact terms. What is important here is to learn the way Dorico will use the tokens, and how you can edit them, and change the layout of a page by moving the text frames, etc. This is a very powerful asset in Dorico.

Thank you to all of you…pianoleo / MarcLarcher / andgle / Derrek & mipi for your prompt response and the different explanations.
Problem solved!!! Easier than I thought!
Truly, it is a Dorico’s " powerful feature " as Marc has mentioned.
Best regards to all of you
Mike

Did you get this fixed, mike? I think the forum mechanics are messed up again, because it seemed to me that we had answered this some time back, although I can’t see that answer here. It had to do with dragging the bottom of the frame down, so both the title and subtitle had enough room and would both show.

Hi lbuckley thanks for your response…yes I found the way to fix it
Thanks again
Mike

Hello collective wisdom :slight_smile:
I’m trying to use the repeat region function for a group of notes rather than a bar. This is becuase I’m writing an unmetred piece. Is there a work around for unmetred music?
Best with thanks,
Rachel

Hi Rachel, are you trying to use the bar repeat symbol for a range of music shorter than a bar? If so, unfortunately that’s not possible at the moment. You might consider adding start and end repeat barlines before and after the notes to be repeated, then use a horizontal line to indicate the extent of the repeated music. (This is a bit of a workaround as things stand, but in future versions of Dorico we will add native features for these kind of repeated cells or motifs.)

Hello Daniel, thank you and yes I am, because I am only using barlines to mark the ends of very long phrases - it’s unmetred.
I guessed it wasn’t possible - I really don’t want barlines so I’ll fudge something.

You could always add a retroactive time signature that reflected how many beats you had in that section, then hide it.

You could also set bar lines to be invisible using dashed bar lines and setting the dash length to 0. I use this all the time.