Simple selection play shortcut...

I’m looking for a simple operation, and the transport bar is obfuscating it. I need to make a selection and listen to any of the 4 points with 1 keystroke– play to & from selection start, and play to & from selection end (or shortcuts 6-9 in Pro Tools). I can see how to 2 of the 4 with anchors. But is there a way to do all of them, without having to turn on pre/postroll, or move the cursor around?

Thanks,
Brian

and listen to any of the 4 points

You mean, with 4 shortcuts then? If yes, this is possible, because each shortcut can be assigned to a preset that covers all transport bar options.

Hmm…interesting. I’ll look at this. A more straightforward way to listen around a selection like this might be a feature to think about for the future, rather than than having to change an entire transport preset every time I need to hear playback up to a selection, for example-- If I’m understanding your suggestion correctly.

A more straightforward way to listen around a selection like this might be a feature to think about for the future

To play the selection, there is already the factory shortcut F6.
Now, for a more customized way, this is up to you to define what you want.

What you are suggesting is a transport preset that will use anchors to play up to/from the beginning of the selection; and then make another to do that from the end of the selection? And switch transport presets each time with another shortcut?

Yes. But shortcut can do more than selecting a preset, see this dialog that appears when you create a shortcut
from the transport bar:

That works great. Just create 4 presets and assign 6,7,8,9, because those keys are free. No conflicts so far.