Simple Wireless Or MIDI Remote Transport Control?

I briefly had a ‘smartphone’ and did -not- like the whole ‘touch’ thing for… oh… dialing a phone number! I’m resisting it for that reason.

The USB would be great BUT it would need to be 50’ and my understanding is that USB doesn’t do 50’.

If I could just get some help on using my V Drums with G/R I’d be in business. Other than that… I’ll be looking at another solution via MIDI. Or a ‘Tranzport’.

Thanks,

—JC

I believe that USB can be 50 foot. For example, I have a 10m USB cable extension that is ‘active’, i.e. the socket on the end is actually a mini buss powered USB hub with only one socket, it takes power from the USB to allow me to plug another 10m in the end. Or, perhaps you have a mains socket in your recording area that you can plug a powered hub into?

Mike.

You could try a wireless keyboard. I think some of them have decent range.

Alternatively, you could have Cubase punch out after a point so stop ceases to be an issue. Or alternatively, record in a loop and once you have your take, stop it.

Mobile phones in general suck! But I think having a DAW controller on one would sort out out your problem in spades.

• Jimmy Rage

Thanks.

Since V Drums have 2 trigger inputs for adding on more drums, I think all I really need is a (very) small midi trigger that costs < $20. I had hoped to use a foot switch for this, but that appears to not work. Perhaps someone makes a digital cowbell? Because you know what they say about cowbell…

Love my Tranzport! Solid as a rock in Win7 64 bit

What’s the range? Can it do 50’? Does it require line of sight?

Sorry… don’t know…only used it about 25 feet away in the same room…