Simply accidental for Dorico

Hello,
Sibelius had a very nice plugin (feature) that simply accidental of the full score. Is there anything like for Dorico? Thanks

Dorico should handle the accidentals and enharmonic spellings automatically. There’s no function to detect anything like this.

Can you tell us more about your workflow? The way Dorico manages enharmonic spelling is much more intelligent than other notation softwares. If you’re cleaning up input from MIDI/XML/any type of sequencing, you should find that Dorico can respell notes either while you’re importing them (in the global preferences, if memory serves me right), or you can clean up after by changing the options in Notation Options and then resetting the music’s properties and appearance (Edit menu).

Thanks maybe Dorico does this automatically… I just want to make sure I am not accidentally showing accidental when I don’t need to…for example in the key of Eb if B is already flat by default…If I accidentally put a flat sign on B note in the properties of Dorico it changes hide to show…it is ok but if there was a tool to check the full score and make sure there is no unnecessary accidental it would be nice. :slight_smile:

You shouldn’t need to do that, though, right? Just leave the accidental property alone and Dorico will display accidentals as needed.

You can also change the behavior of cautionaries in Notation Options–Accidentals.

Select all then using Reset Appearance should do it.

Or Ctrl-Shift-A three times (Select More) on a system, then deselect the Accidental toggle in Properties in Engrave mode.

Bingo Reset Appearance is the way to go.:partying_face: :laughing:
in the first picture sometimes accidentally I might put flat on B while it is already flat.
in the second picture Reset Appearance fixes this problem and remove unnecessary accidental.
Thanks a lot.

Ok
Or Ctrl-Shift-A three times (Select More) on a system, then deselect the Accidental toggle in Properties in Engrave mode.
is an easier solution :smiley: