Simultaneous Dorico 3.5 and 4 installations

Is it possible to have both Dorico 3.5 and Dorico 4 installed on the same computer? I ask because I’m doing engraving work that uses 3.5 but I’d like to upgrade to 4 for my own work, and I want to use the same machine for both.

Yes, that will work perfectly fine.

1 Like

PS welcome to the forums!

2 Likes

The only thing is that you will not be able to run multiple versions at the same time due to the way the audio engine works.

3 Likes

You’ll note that every version of Dorico always installs alongside the previous version(s) you have, and never overwrites it. The same is true for D4. Daniel also confirmed previously that if you happen to have a USB dongle, that will continue to work as long as the elicenser software continues to function on your machine.

1 Like

Thank you very much @Romanos . I was confused that Dorico Pro 3.5 was still installed (not uninstalled) after I just updated to 4.

Also yes, welcome to the forum @fleximeter! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great! I had a problem when I originally upgraded from 3.0 to 3.5. The licenser didn’t work correctly with 3.5 and after extensive back-and-forth with support, I eventually needed to reinstall the OS to get it to work. But I’ve upgraded to 4.0 on both my desktop and laptop, and have no issues with running 3.5 and 4.0 both so far.

2 Likes