Simultaneous Mixdown Formats

Is there a way to export mixdowns to wave and mp3 at the same time in C6?

I’m trying to speed up my work procedures currently with C5 and i’m seeing how C6 could help me out. I find im often required to send multiple formats of one master to my clients such as master waves, hi res mp3’s (for email) and low res mp3’s (for mobile phones). So are multi-format-exports possible within the software?

J

No… short a simple :smiley:

It would be very handy though. I am constantly needing to render mp3 and .wav one after the other!.

P

Hello,

perhaps interesting http://www.sonnoxplugins.com/pub/plugins/products/pro-codec.htm

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I particularly like the idea of being able to audition the codecs in real time.

P

+1, like to export in wav and mp3 in one click - for sure.

Also, I’d like some Steinberg upgrades to the MP3 and Wav file info. Can we have some presets here please? I’m constantly working across different projects (I have 5+ bands on the go) and to have to keep re-typing in the MP3 or Wav chunk info for each specific project/song/band is a rea pita.

Can we have something which saves this info with the project please so we only type it in once? Also it’d be nice to save the export dir with the project too for the same reason.

Mike.

Have you looked at the price!!! :cry:

LOL I did look at the price

I think it would take a while to earn that back in saved, chargeable time.

…and that’s a whole topic in itself: I spend money on good equipment and software to gain efficiency which I then end up giving away to clients…Mmm that’s one good argument for recording on 2" tape - it’s SLOW and slow means more hours, which means more money…I need to think carefully about this.

P

Hello,

It depends how you use it plugin I think. Do you want deliver the best quality in different formats (without exporting it → open it in Wavelab → compare it etc) ?

Don’t forget that people are listening music allot now with the phones, MP3 players. Why you don’t you want that your music is at best quality on that platform ? I would that and that plugin will come next year at my place for sure. Spending hours on recording and mixing and delivering “just something” after all that work ?

Cheers,

Chris

I just remembered that I have a free VST called TapeIt that can capture .wav from any audio insert. It’s very basic, but the purchasable version TapeIt2 is very cheap and is more flexible.

Set up correctly, you could make real time .wav and mp3 simultaneously. I am not sure I’d rely on it in a critical situation, but for rough renders of a concert recording for example, it might be useful. The company is Silverspike - you can easily search for them online.

P

Thanks everyone, this has made the picture pretty clear. I might raise a feature request, maybe they will put it in a future version.