since update: templates empty?

Hello,
Since the update the templates are no more visible: see image
best regards
Dup
template_01.png
template_02.png

I guess there’s something wrong in your setup…
Capture d’écran 2016-11-30 à 11.28.06.jpg

I’ve updated Dorico and all the templates are still visible in both places (Hub and File/New From Template).

Did you move anything around so that folders aren’t where Dorico expects to find them?

What I could find about the location of the templates is that they reside in a file called “templates.xml” which is in the main Dorico installation folder (on my Windows machine that’s C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Dorico). My templates.xml file has a date of 11/23/2016, which would have been the date I ran the update. Perhaps your update didn’t finish properly and not all the updated files were properly installed.

That’s just a guess, but I suggest you start by looking there.

Have you rebooted your computer since you installed the update? Perhaps that would resolve the issue for you.

Good luck – keep us posted as to how you progress with this problem.

That’s very odd. It seems likely that somehow the templates.xml file in your installation has got damaged somehow. If you feel like doing a bit of open-application surgery, then you could try this. I assume you’re on Mac…

1. Quit Dorico.
  2. Right-click the Dorico icon in the Applications folder and choose Show Package Contents.
  3. In the Finder window that appears, go to Contents/Resources.
  4. Replace the file templates.xml with the file from the attached zip file: you’ll obviously need to unzip it first! You will probably be prompted for your administrator password at that point.

Now restart Dorico and hopefully all will be well.
templates.xml.zip (4.31 KB)

Hello,
Thanks to all. as you supected the problem was the file “templates.xml”.
I replace it with the one’s from Daniel in C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Dorico… and now everything work.
Best regards
Dup