Sinead O’Connor - New music NEW LOOK

… and she looks like (she could be related to) Van Morrison.

There’s always exceptions, 9 million albums sold, biggest selling album 2009.

Who would have thought!!! :open_mouth:

I now have this image of you back in the 80’s

I seem to remember having hair too… like BIG hair :laughing: No I’m not posting a photo :mrgreen:

Anyway thats a big cotton but you had there :smiley:

Edit… did I say cotton but :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I did mean bud as in cotton bud…

Indeed

We can say the same for the [n]ever talented WILLIAM HUNG from American Idol
Selling more songs than many of us in this forum will EVER sell in a year. 1/4 MILLION sales / 250000 sales !

There is always an exception, but we can not expect to have a swarm of new un-talented singers making a living doing covers and not able to hold a tune…

Here is a video of William Hung singing for those who do not know of him… Sometimes FAME and fortune come without talent or ‘the look’ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqmy5qrvaVQ&NR=1

Click here to see his American Idol audition - that started his music career that continues EVEN TODAY ! Doing more gigs than I currently do !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqmy5qrvaVQ&NR=1

Do not risk your empires on it thou

$30 USD to go see him in April 2011

NOTE:
Do not give up hope if YOU do not have the look…

Just ‘HUNG’ on to your dreams, ok ? :laughing:

I also thought I did not have ‘the look’ and had been grooming my musical-prodigy-son to perform my music… hey - this thread gives me NEW HOPE ! Thx guys - Im grabbin my O2 tank on wheels and heading straight for MTV - respirator and all ! HELLO WORLD !

Not to be an ass here (although sometimes I just can’t help it) but I just did the math …

2011 minus 18 equals 1993. That’s the year I graduated from high school!

There were only a few die hard stoner / metalheads and some wannabe hippies with long hair at that time.

Those times have become quite blurry for you by now, I’m sure :astonished: :slight_smile: :smiley: :laughing: .

+1
{‘-’}

Lancashire Telegraph

Review: Sinead O’Connor @ Manchester International Festival
10:15am Monday 4th July 2011

By John Anson » Features editor

THE shaven headed, elfin-featured waif may have long disappeared but the talent and that voice remain undiminished.
The remit of the Manchester International Festival is to produce memorable events and a night with the often controversial, utterly compelling Ms O’Connor in a specially-erected marquee venue proved just that.

Sure she’s put on a bit of weight and, shock horror, she’s got hair but so what? The feistiness, the vulnerability and a voice that can melt your heart remain as strong as ever.

Sunday’s show - one of just three for the festival - included a number of new songs from her forthcoming album Home. From the opening Tubular Bells-like chords of Take Off Your Shoes which grew into a rousing, harmony-packed riot of a song to the cutting What Makes A Real VIP, the signs are that it’s going to be an album worth getting your hands on.

A tiny presence on stage, there was a touching insecurity about Sinead O’Connor, as she repeatedly gave her six-piece band the thumbs up during the opening numbers as if to say “this is going to be fine”.

Believe me, it was far, far better than that.

The band itself - only put together the week before - were superb, wrapping their music and vocal harmonies around the iconic presence at their head like a giant comfort blanket.

Running through her back catalogue, we were treated to songs from the albums Theology and Universal Mother and the Sly and Robbie produced album throw Down Your Arms. And, naturally she did Nothing Compares 2 U. And it still has the power to make the hairs stand up on the back on your neck.

Sinead O’Connor is a unique artist and long may she continue to be so.

Gotta give her props, she’s being a warrior… RESPECT!
you can click on some of her music on her blog @:

“Sure she’s put on a bit of weight and, shock horror, she’s got hair but so what? The feistiness, the vulnerability and a voice that can melt your heart remain as strong as ever.”
Hear hear, long may she keep doing her thing. I just spent some time listening to her through the links (thanks majik) on her blog, wonderful.

Mauri.

Nothing compares to Sinead! :wink:

I had a Afro in high school

My first day as a freshman, I came walking over the hill and four black guys confronted me… the leader said, “Are you a freshman?” To which I sheepishly replied, “Yeah.”

“Well, we’re gonna whip your ass!” But then one of them interceded, “Wait, he has a 'Fro – he’s cool.” So, they let me go.

Yes, I DO have pics :laughing:

Ain’t gonna happen :mrgreen:

Looks like Conway Twitty is sportin’ a 'fro.

My 'fro puts Conway’s “big hair” to shame. :laughing:

My yearbook is over at my folks house… I’ll try and scan my picture and post here, because we can all use a good laugh

Yes - the drummer… I saw him eyeballing me in that photo :mrgreen:

Side note:

Members of a long lost rock band once known as The Clash once said “its very important to look good. Because if you look good and play terrible you get farther than if you play good but look terrible”

Quote at 1:29 —> here

Knowing The Clash, they probably LOVED it! Like the protagonist in the novel “The Stranger” who looked forward to the prospect of the crowd howling at him in derision as he went to the gallows

I saw the “The Fabulous Poodles” open for Van Halen just after Van Halen 1 went ballistic. Talk about a mismatch. The crowd was throwing bottles at the Poodles. If I remember right, they either made it half way through their 2nd or 3rd song when they had to run off the stage. Plus, what little they did do was dreadful. The PA dude threatened to cancel the concert … yeah right. VH was pretty damn good.

And as for the clash, I’m definitely in the “I wish they would go” crowd. Pretty much as dreadful as the Poodles IMO. But, like lots of genres, you either like it or you don’t. I was never a fan of punk.

We’re still waiting Doug! :smiling_imp:

I’ve scanned the pic, and loaded into Facebook, I just don’t know how to link it to this site (something about “file size unknown”). any ideas?