Single window for plugin chains - Brilliant!

This looks like a great feature… Great idea! So is rearranging order done by dragging the tabs?

Yeah, it looks like a very useful addition - as many things I’ve seen so far in the videos! One thing I don’t understand in this respect, is that in the Effects tab, you can select Clip, Track or Master plugin effects, but when Master is selected in the video I would expect the Master Section plugins to show. This doesn’t happen in the video: see attached picture, where two effects are shown in the Master view, but not in the Master Section below it… Am I missing something?

“Master” is something new. This is a plugin chain that belongs to the montage, and “placed” at the montage’s output. It is independent from the Master Section and could replace it. The idea is to have a kind of Master Section per Montage, hence to have everything needed in the montage, sort of “Total Recall”.

So is rearranging order done by dragging the tabs?

Yes.

Oh wow, this is amazing. So you no longer have to remember to save the master section settings with the montage?
Is there a sonic difference between using the master that is built in the montage and the main master section?

I’ve gotten used to a lot of the quirks with Wavelab 7, but reloading the master section manually for each session is one that I never got totally used to because sometimes when working quickly between montages, I would get paranoid that I didn’t reload the right master before rendering the montage. This will help solve that I think.

Thank you!

So you no longer have to remember to save the master section settings with the montage?

This is still possible as before, but with the new Montage Master, this will be less used.

Is there a sonic difference between using the master that is built in the montage and the main master section?

No difference. The remaining interest of the Master Section is the possibility to use the Resampler plugin. ie. the Resampler plugin is a Master Section-only plugin.

That is simply perfect! I was already sold to the new Wavelab (super clip, master transport, loudness functions), but this is a very very nice extra.

Seems that I really gotta make an effort this year to “get” the Montage :blush:

VP

Thanx PG for the much appreciated feature! This will fit perfectly in my workflow.