Size of rehearsal marks affected by staff size

Oh
This is bad, I work a lot with changing size of staffs in Vocal Scores. But now I have found out that the size of a rehearsal mark or other text items are affected of the changes in size that I perform on the top staff. That’s not what I want - do any?
So I have to go back and re-scale the RM to 125%, but what about the other text items?
So my question is: will there be any updates before the one, that is mentioned on YouTube the other day, that maybe will get rid of the small - but annoying bugs like this one, in Dorico?
Or maybe it’s not a bug???

Well, I wouldn’t call this a bug. It’s the expected behavior. But I would like this option as well. I often scale down the top staff (for example, I add the lead line to a piano score, and scale that staff down to 75%), and it makes the rehearsal marks too small to read.

OTOH, it’s not too hard to Filter-select the rehearsal marks and rescale them that way. And I believe the upcoming “Select More” option will make that even quicker.

As Leo has already replied in Facebook, this is absolutely conventional behavior. If it doesn’t work for your context, set text at Absolute and not Relative size in Engrave Mode…

Duh. Of course! Thanks.

So it’s not a bug, but conforms to a convention. But again we are not here to conform to conventions without asking questions are we? :wink:
From a Vocal Score of La Boheme, I can see that text bits like Allegro comes from the same original because sometimes there are small artefacts that occurs in both the vocal staff and in the piano staff.
So I think in the case where you have a piano part with a cued violin part above, the cued violin part is a copy of the “standard” violin part, where all the markings are present of course, and therefore they are present in the cue part as well.
Or is there a better explanation to the fact that a tempo (Allegro) should be written in both parts?

You’ve jumped to a very weird assumption here, I think. If I look through any of the three sets of parts for the pieces I screenshotted on Facebook earlier, I can see that they have different system breaks and different note spacing. I mean, they’d have to have different note spacing - imagine a slow movement where a violinist is playing a slow lyrical tune and the pianist is rumbling demisemiquavers underneath it.

This is nothing to do with cutting and pasting hand-engraving from a part to a score. It’s just convention.

The tempo marking is present above both staves because it is vital for the pianist, one which would easily be lost as the performer’s eyes were forced to jump staves – whether the marking is cue-sized or not. It’s not followed to a T, but the markings should be repeated above the piano staves in most cases, yes.