As per subject, I have freq split a track to 2 tracks with a band split at 100hz
- I set a freq selection at 100hz and saved the selection
- I copied the selection to a new layer and put that on tack A
- I recalled the selection and inverted frequencies (with a 10hz face)
- Copied to a new layer and put that on track B
- The original track was phase inverted
- Original Track, Track A & B were all sent to a summing buss
The output is nowhere near a null. no other processing was applied, a simple crossover in essence and it fails pretty badly
This raises serious concerns about frequency recombination…and this is without any processing being applied
Am I doing something wrong? Is there a transition beside freq fade that can razor cut and produce true null?
Unless Im missing something here…its a showstopper for me Im afraid…as far as using it for this type of application; linear phase filters might be the real deal except the ones in Cubase are far from linkwitz/linear phase
Here is what happens graphically when I cut/invert/cut. The line of residue is clearly visible…how is this resolved?