Slashes missing in chords with altered bass notes

I just installed Dorico 4.2 (still have 3.5 installed). Suddenly, chord symbols like “F/A” no longer show the slash. They just show up as “FA”. This is also the case with the diagonal arrangement… no slash symbol shows up; just the two letters stacked vertically.

Any ideas how to fix this?

First things first: have you restarted your computer since installing Dorico 4.2?

1 Like

That solved it! Thank you!

I have been experiencing this issue recently in Dorico Pro 5, Mac OS. It happens after I changed the font size. G/D now appears as GD. When I click the chord to edit it, I can see the slash chord, but when you exit edit mode it appears without the slash. The first time this happened, I opened another document with slash chords (which looked fine) and restarted Dorico. Somehow the problem went away. This time I did the same thing but the problem persists. I increased the chord symbol font size to from 11pt to 16pt along with the chord symbol music text font. After the slashes disappeared I reverted to 11pt but the slashes are still not visible.

Looking closer, I now realised I’m also missing sharps, and diminished symbols. Could this be an issue with the chord symbols music text font? I will attach a screenshot which will hopefully display the relevant settings.

Ok, I managed to fix this by looking at the settings from another file that was displaying properly. I noticed that even though the other file was set to the same parents font (default music text font), the font family was Bravura text. I changed this in the other document and it now displays correctly, as it did at first. The problem only arose when I went to change the font size and I didn’t attempt to change the font family. I will attach a screenshot of the correct settings for reference.