Slate Digital VBC VST3 bug

I don’t have WL8.5 yet, and so far Steinberg didn’t respond to my support inquiry on that issue with WL8.5. According to their change log however (that was posted on KVR Audio today), there seems to be an “improvement” with VST3.

The correct quote is this:

PLUG-INS: Rendering certain VST 3 effects used within the Master Section now works as expected.

No demo, no tests.
And also no further mention of WL8.04 maintenance (final maintenance btw!).

Having contact to Slate Digital, I know that they’re working on it. Apparently there was an improvement with internal tests on VTM. Currently there seem to be closed betas running for VBC. So yeah, Slate is coding on a Workaround. But this would nill if Steinberg actually fixed their own issue.

Only took them 4 years for this, and a 50EUR update.

Several companies run into the so called “Audio Forward Bug”. With this bug, if you use VST3 plugins (especially in the master section), your audio signal is being processed in real time. But once you render, only the phase slightly alters, maybe the volume. Everything else is being discarded.

Personally I encountered this with:

• Slate Digital
  • Klanghelm
  • Hornet Audio
  • VoS/TDL SlickEQ (I was among the tester team) while they were still working on the VST3 version before they pulled it about 1 hour prior to release

There are known reports about iZotope Ozone. In here also Nugen Audio.

To a certain extend (sporadically) I also ran into issues with Melda Production.

Friends of mine who beta test for Eiosis (same coding team as Slate Digital pretty much), also confirmed the VST3 bug. Which seems to be “fixed” with a workaround now.

People in here reported that the montage is fine. I don’t use the montage as often anymore. At least not for “adding FX”. So I can’t further comment on this.

Yes.

There is a new update for Slate VBC just released (1.4.2.1).

I’m not real up on what the actual problem is so I can’t really test it. I’ve just been avoiding using it until it’s fixed, although looking back through the thread it seems that the bug is only related to the VST-3 version and not VST-2.