Slate VMR problems?

I’m on Windows 10, and the Slate VMR is killing me.

I created a preset that includes it, and it loads well enough, but Wavelab 10 crashes when I try to remove it.

I’m on Windows 10 and Wavelab 10.0.40 build 127

Do other people use the Slate VMR?

thanks,
~Jay

Slate is kind of buggy in general, even in Pro Tools which is one of the main DAWs of course. I used to beta test for Slate and stopped because I can’t stand Steven Slate :slight_smile:

I’ll give him credit that his drum trigger was and maybe still is the best there ever was, but in general, he has a quality vs. quantity problem with his products. I would write to Slate support and ask if they actually test their plugins in WaveLab anymore, or if they just test Cubase/Nuendo. My guess is they don’t really test WaveLab specifically, but maybe the crash reports will help them locate the problem and update their plugins.

I do still use Eiosis AirEQ which is built on the Slate framework (same developer) but I haven’t tried to use anything Slate in WaveLab (or elsewhere) in a few years.

I would look elsewhere IMO :slight_smile:

Thanks Justin,

The only thing I use is Revival. It adds a fullness to the bottom end that EQ can’t. I don’t know what it’s doing, but I love it!

Do you know of anything like that?

I also love the Eiosis EQ, it feels and sounds great, and doesn’t seem to cause any problems.

~Jay

Revival sounds like an analog-like saturation tool. For this, I really like the Vertigo VSM-3 plugin from Plugin Alliance (or UAD). I use the Plugin Alliance version often in WaveLab and like all the other Plugin Alliance plugins I use, it behaves well.

The VSM is a little complex at first with a lot going on but it really allows you to fine tune the saturation because you can solo the saturation, dial it in, and then blend it in to taste.