Slightly confused!

Hi All
Bit of a silly question here i’m sure but was just wondering if someone can expand on the below , does it mean you can only have 3 VST instruments ??. So if you had Kontakt and labs …you only have room for 1 more ???

That refers to the quantity of included VST Instruments

1 Like

Thanks man , Perfect …I was thinking that alright. As a side question , is there any limits on this within elements ?

Yes, Cubase Elements comes with Groove Agent SE, Halion Sonic SE, and Prologue. See this comparison table: Compare the Versions of Cubase | Steinberg

You can have 24 VST instrument tracks in Cubase Elements, but, you can bounce (record them to audio), to free up VST instrument tracks. You can have 48 audio tracks in Elements.

Just see the table, it’s all listed there.

I get ye, think i just read it too many times and convinced myself you could only have three Instruments !!!. (like when you repeat a word over and over and it loses its meaning ) :slight_smile:

Thanks guys !!!

2 Likes

Although you can definitely do a lot with Elements, I always hated those limtations, because I always thought I run into one of them. :slight_smile:

24 VST instrument tracks and 48 audio tracks are plenty though. I’m sure you won’t run out of tracks any time soon. Also, Steinberg fortunately removed the most annoying limtation of Elements, which was lack of sidechaining. Now that it has that, it’s quite a good deal.

If you can, though, upgrade to Artist at some point. It really has all the functionality I’d ever need.

1 Like

Thanks man !!..

1 Like