Slite latency in live play

Hi,
I’m using cubase artist 6 on windows 7 and have a slite latency just when playing live not after recording, its on midi and audio can anyone help? ps can you tell how to add the equipment your using to my posts in the forum aswell?

Cheers Sam

Hi Sam

Yeah found the english section congrats :wink: :smiley:

What is the buffersize your using?
What soundinterface you use?
If i rember right your using a laptop and no soundinterface in that case i would suggest to record with lowest buffersize as possible and work with a higher buffersize to arrange you project. But be aware that you won’t be able to create a hughe project without getting issues like dropouts crackles and stuff.
Adice save your money and get a quality soundinterface with a good stable asiodriver.

Greetz Bassbase

you need to go through “My Steinberg” and click on the Forum button, then you can edit your sig.

If you check my link i the signature you will also find how to make your own signature :wink: and some other infos

Greetz Bassbase

Cheers :laughing:

Yeah just a laptop, do u mean have a low buffersize wilst recording then make it high again when it comes to arranging it and mix down etc? ps where do I find buffersize? Cheers to the other replys :slight_smile:

Depens on your internalsoundcard if theres a option. Normal somewhere in their setup interface.
Or you get the asio4alldriver. Theres a option to change buiffersize for sure.

http://www.asio4all.com/

Just make sure you download the right driver for your os win32 bit =asio4al 32bit win64=asio64bit.

Greetz Bassbase

I’ve installed the 64bit so i’ll give that a try, can u recommend a good sound interface aswell?

Depends on your budget :wink:
But would say if you invest more than 400€ once you will have a good card for a while.
RME is my favourite :wink:

Greetz Bassbase

Cheers !! :smiley: