Slow Graphic Response C8.0.40 in Windows 10

Hello,

After a recent upgrade to SSD drives, I opted to move to Windows 10. Everything is working well but I have noticed a serious lag in the Mix Console windows since the upgrade. I can confirm that my old Windows 8 system suffered no issue and I noticed the problem immediately during use.

The symptoms on the Mix Console is a very slow and laggy scroll through the channels, especially when I drag the scroll bar around. Manipulating Sends, whether it be on/off or pre/post has a lagged result. This is also mirrored in the Inspector.

My graphics card is a Nvidia NVS 5200 and drivers would have been installed by Windows during the OS installation process, and everything looks to be in order there.

Are there any clear things I should check?

Thanks

Then I would recommend you to install the dedicated driver from Nvidia.

Thanks for the reply.

Windows 10 has installed the latest dedicated driver by default.

Many thanks.

Are you sure this is not a universal driver? I would recommend to visit Nvidia webpage and download and install the latest dedicated driver for your device.

Thanks for the reply.

I can confirm again that the driver Windows 10 installed is the latest dedicated Nvidia driver. The Nvidia installer I have since tried has reported that same.

Thanks.

Another issue is that loading up the MixConsole can take around a second before anything happens.

A general sense of lagginess in this system which I can confirm was not there when W8.1 was installed, as I have checked by swapping the old HDD back in to see.

Thanks

Howdy all,

Here is an update/bump.

The issues I have with Cubase 8.0.40 in Windows 10 (both before and after Anniversary update):

• The MixConsole is slow and laggy to move around
  • Project loading takes nearly two minutes to open up around 38 tracks where only the first 20 have any serious amount of plugin activity, with no VST instruments in place. All plugins are up to date Waves, Slate and stock plugins.
  • The MixConsole takes up to 3 seconds to appear after an F3 keypress
  • I cant click anything on the project window for around a second after the MixConsole has opened up.
  • Moving tracks up or down in the project window list cakes around 2 seconds to complete, for the program to catch up with itself.
  • The two VST Performance meters are regularly around 70 to 80%

I have run LatencyMon and found ndis.sys was causing issues, so I checked the Device Manager and installed the latest drivers for my WiFi and Ethernet cards, this has fixed the issue which LatencyMon reported but Cubase has the same VST Performance readings.

I am running a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 interface on its highest buffer size, I will now try my Focusrite Saffire and KRK Ergo devices.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

The different interfaces have not fixed the issue, if anything, the Saffire is worse, with serious audio glitches upon playback of the project.

The issue is no better while using the ASIO4ALL driver.

EDIT:
Switching to legacy FW drivers has also not helped

Installing Windows 10 Anniversary Update reinstates Windows Defender and Firewall. After disabling these, I can now run the Saffire without audio glitches but the VST Performance is still nearly max. I also did a reinstall of Cubase.

Thanks

I noticed that Slate plugins have caused issues in the past with C8 users, and I found that I had been using all VST2 iterations of the VMR as that is what came under the Slate Digital name, where the VST3 one came in as “Other”.

I have since reinstalled the plugins without VST2 and unfortunately, Cubase did not use the VST3 version where the VST2 had existed, but I discovered that the VST performance meter was still quite high, even though none of the Slate plugins were actually in use (no .dll to use at this point).

All that is left in the project were Waves plugins, and not a huge amount of them.

Its at the stage now where I can not play the project, as the VST performance is clipping.

Cubase 8.5.20 fixes the slow Mix Console and track moving problems.

Slow project loading and VST performance errors remain.