Slow opening of projects in Windows network

Anyone have any good ides on improving network speed in Nuendo/Server environment? Opening a session with 2k files takes approx 30-40 seconds, bigger projects often takes 2-3 minutes to open. Tried 1 of our workstations with 10Gbps line to server, without any performance boost. Copying large files gives me 700-750MB/s to local SSD, so the networh itself should be more than plenty. I think the problem might be how windows networking is dealing with lots of small files. A 5GB singe file are transferred within 4-5 seconds, while copying 5GB of small audio files is a 3-4 minute operation. Workstations are stuck on windows, and server currently running windows too. Willing to do anything on the server/networking part to boost performance. I don’t think this a server hardware issue either. We are running a windows server with SSD’s in raid, We have 10 workstations and network performace to clients are exactly the same when 1 or 10 are in use. And to be clear this is strictly a project opening performance issue. We can work on projects containg 6+ 5.1/4824 tracks and video on all 10 workstations without hicks. In our production workflow we open 15-20 projects a day in each studio, so wasting at least 50-60 minutes every day waiting for projects to load…