Slow preset loading

Same problem!!!

1 Like

Same Probelm!

1 Like

Same here. Half the time, I conclude the plugin has no presets, only to find out later it does.

1 Like

Same annoying problem on Nuendo 10 (and since 8).

Similar to as some already said- have a great machine with an M.2 SSD but these dang presets take years.

I also have notice this with steinbergā€™s pluginā€™s and Mediabay.

1 Like

ā€¦another hereā€¦

1 Like

+1 for this. I have just run Cubase first time during the day and I loaded vectroscope VST that has only 1 preset saved, and it took Cubase 15 seconds to show me that one preset. Silly

1 Like

presets super slow to load here to, kills a fast workflow

1 Like

For Mac users trashing preferences solved this
Issue. Iā€™m not sure about Windowsā€¦

+1 here. Presets are so slow that I actively try not to press the presets menu for fear of the beach ball.

Is there a way to selectively trash preferences? Iā€™m assuming trashing preferences means youā€™ll loose things like macros and custom key commands?

You can move the folder to your desktop instead. And once the presets load properly. Try moving the folder backā€¦

OK I might have an answer for this if anyoneā€™s interested.

Windows

• Go to Windows > User > AppData > Steinberg > Cubase10
  • Remove the file mediabay3 (you can back it up elsewhere)
  • Start Cubase
  • You may need to set up again and re-scan your sample/preset drives/folders etc

I have found after testing multiple times the frustrating delays are gone

PS I suspect MacOS might just involve locating the same file

1 Like

yep !
this :

• Go to Windows > User > AppData > Steinberg > Cubase10
  • Remove the file mediabay3 (you can back it up elsewhere)

Sorry guys, The above though is not a real solution. Removing the mediabay3 file is time consuming when you restore the search settings and it doesnā€™t stick as a solution.

This is a bug.

Remember to exclude any media/preset folders from real-time virus/malware scanners (Such as windows defender) too. As that can slow down the ability to read each file.

I have a really slow Key Commands window opening. 40 seconds. Big Sur. Mac Pro late 2013. I installed clean Monterey system on a separate volume. And then it open fast. But! If I moving all my vst plugins folders from older system to a newer one, then I have that issue again - slow opening. Maybe thatā€™s because there is a ā€œProcess Pluginsā€ pane with all plugins in a Key Commands window, and it loads every timeā€¦ Anyway, I donā€™t know how to fix it. Any ideas?