Slow response with a large amount of tracks.

Hello
I have a weird issue.
Currently working on a project with 400 tracks. Its an edit and I’ll of course reduce the amount.
There is a lot of cross routing (quad groups to 5.1, stereo to quads a.s.o).
It takes ages to add a new track, remove tracks, reroute, add sends.

I’ve also noticed that my MCpro disconnects for a while and the suddenly comes back.
Anybody else having a problem like that? Is it Nuendo or EuCon issue? Or user error (routing).

Thanks

Yeah, that’s what happens when you work with a gazillion of tracks, routings, and most importantly group tracks.
Having the same problem here.
But when we move such a project to a more powerfull computer, the annoyance gets less.
:slight_smile:

We have the possiblity to use an insane amount of tracks and grouping, and that is what we do.
Without ever wondering what we ask from the soft/hardware …

Fredo

Hey Fredo.
Good to know i’m not the only one :slight_smile:.
I have a fairly strong DAW (4790K with 32GB RAM). What maschine are you running?

Thank you for your answer :slight_smile:

i7 X990 @ 3,47Gh - 12GB Ram.

Fredo

Quick questions… I tend to use a TON of tracks for my orchestral stuff and yeah kinda sluggish and such even with running stuff on slaves. I have each plugin running in multi-timbral mode and all those bazillion audio inputs are coming back into Nuendo. that seems the only way i can for example audio export individual instruments from he multi-timbral plugins. Is there a way to export midi tracks to audio similar to the audio mix down page where i can for example select say 10 channels to save audio files… I don’t want to have to solo each midi track then export and repeat. if i kill all the audio returns so that i only have groups coming in (violins , oboes etc) then those going into section groups i.e (strings and brass) that would be far less heavy inside of nuendo. BUT i would lose the ability to send the individual midi tracks out associated with each articulation (ie. “18 cello’s>Butter legato forte” which is in first plugin slot of a multi-timbral play plugin.
I would love to ditch the 1000 individual returns if i could and just use groups… but how can i also have the best of both worlds and send out those tracks i want without having them selectable in audio mix down as a batch export

Here you can see how i have them setup.
Group / Instrument groups

These are for bulk output of individual instruments. I would love to kill all these But don’t see how i can

Right now for mix downs i can easily give the following:

Sections:
-String section

Instruments by themselves:

• Cellos only

Individual articulations of said instrument:

• 18cellos-Butter-Legato-forte

Is there any way to get rid of that last one?
Its taking up a 1000 tracks or so and crushing even my main computer using slaves.

Would be nice to have a export files from midi channels or something. other then having to do batch export selection on the audio outs.
I am using VEPro as well. Thoughts?

I can probably help you, but I don’t understand why you have so many audio returns from VE Pro. Do all those articulations need to be on individual outputs?

DG

I have one midi track per articulation… I am NOT using a key-switched template.
So each one is loaded in a play instance. i.e 9 articulations per play plugin outputs are 1/2 3/3 etc to 17/18 Since play only lets you have that many in the plugin for channel outs.
I have those going into both instrument and section groups. I.e violins then those going into string section…
as an example.

18-violins-Butter-legato-forte → Violins group → String section group.
This way i can output just the articulation midi track … or the violins group or the whole string section separately to a wav file output. I can also batch output the separate midi tracks in audio mix down.

Would love to just have the 2 groups and not the individual articulations but i can’t see any way to get the same functionality without setting up the returns.
I.e i can’t do articulation outputs or batch outs. I would have to solo each midi track and output manually otherwise.