Slur in beamed groups

I have another slightly strange piece of string notation to replicate! This is the original:

And this is as close as I’ve been able to get. The first slur above the beams I guess is OK, but the 2nd just looks clumsy. Anyone any ideas how I can get the slur to drop down to the noteheads?

I’m also not convinced that I like the slurs nested in the middle of the notes like that - so if there’s a way of getting the 2nd slur to stay above the stems in a similar manner to the first slur, that would be great too!

1 Like

The bottom notes should be tied, not slurred (they are not re-articulated). I guess the slanted slur at the top should be adjusted in Engrave Mode. You might even be tempted to nudge them inside the beams, as in the original, but it may get messy…

1 Like

Yeah the bottom notes are tied :slight_smile: I’ll have a fiddle in engrave mode and see what I can achieve.

There’s an Engraving Option for whether slurs like the second one should be treated as though beamed or unbeamed.

2 Likes

And there’s an Engraving Option that allows the ties in a note group to attach to the outside edge of the notehead, not the inside. I prefer this and have set it as the default.

1 Like