Slur repositioning issue after changing note length

See the attached screenshots - after changing the length of a note, it looks like the slurs don’t get repositioned consistently. Looks like the first slur ends too late after the change.

Maybe this issue only occurs if the same note both ends and starts a slur? This was actually unintended, I noticed it after changing the time signature and playing around with some notes positions (not sure what I did exactly). Previously the first slur ended at the previous note.

On Dorico 2.2.10 Elements.

Thanks,
Dan

I managed to reproduce the issue of both slurs moving to the same note unintentionally. See attached. It’s also the result of a note shortening, in the case there’s a slur which ended in one bar on a tied note, and now should end at the end of the bar before. Looks like the slur incorrectly still ends on the original bar.

Thanks,
Dan

There’s nothing to prevent slurs from starting and ending on the same note, or indeed for slurs to overlap (though the latter of course is quite an unusual situation and generally should be avoided; however, Dorico can’t know whether or not the edit you’re making is the one you intend to be the last one, or whether it’s a transitory state on the way to another one).

Dorico will adjust the durations of slurs so that they start and end on notes, expanding either outwards or inwards as necessary. It will only delete a slur altogether if it ends up starting and ending on the same note.

The issues I’m seeing are about the slurs endings not being repositioned correctly (I believe) following note duration edits. It’s not that I expect them to be deleted.

Dorico doesn’t track which specific note is at the start or end of the slur; it cares only about the voice (which could be different for the notes at either end of the slur, of course). If there is a valid note at the position of the start or end of the slur after the edit, then Dorico won’t change the duration of the slur.