slurs break condensing

Hi, when there are three identical frases of flute they are condensed as expected:

(Above page view, below galley view)

When I add slurs the condensing breaks in 1. and 2.3. a 2:

The lines are still identical…

With this it’s going to be necessary to see a zipped up project file, not just images.

I also have an odd slur situation when condensing. Notice that in m. 15 and 16, fl. 2 and cl. 2 have no slurs, despite having separate stems and non-identical rhythms. In galley view and in the uncondensed score all is normal.
slurs.7z (428 KB)

I deleted all of the music exept from a few bars where the three flutes have the problem
Symfonie Dorico 3 condensing problem.zip (497 KB)
When I move the first notes in bar one in all the three flutes (in Galley View) a quarter or an eight or delete them all together, then the condensing of the following line is is disturbed. When deleting the whole bar one, then the condensing is OK.

Gerrie, where a system starts with rests in more than one instrument (on a condensed stave), Dorico can only combine a maximum of two players on one staff. This is clearly documented in the Version History.

I have to study the Version History better then, it’s true, deleting one of the notes gives no problem, deleting two gives two staves. Remarkable.

This is as designed: the slurs are amalgamated because they are identical. In a future update we will provide further options to allow you to determine whether or not slurs should be allowed to amalgamate.

This is as designed: the slurs are amalgamated because they are identical. In a future update we will provide further options to allow you to determine whether or not slurs should be allowed to amalgamate.

Thank you for your reply. The problem here is that some identical slurs are amalgamated, but not others. E.g. m. 15 has identical slurs above and below in the flute, but not in the clarinet, and in m. 16, where the rhythm is different, there are no slurs for the 2nd flute and the 2nd clarinet. So to the reader it looks like the 2nd flute and the 2nd clarinet are meant NOT to be slurred in m.16. The inconsistency leads the reader to a wrong conclusion.

Well, it depends on whether the music at that point is itself actually fully condensed onto a single stem, or whether it is actually using two stems but amalgamating the notes with identical rhythms onto a single stem on a note-by-note basis.

I guess this is the kind of thing future updates to condensation will address. Thanks.